11.11.2011

Good Ole Southern Bliss- Rodeo in Deep Gap

A few posts ago I said these pictures would be edited SOON. Well, was I wrong. Suddenly school took off without telling me and I was struggling to catch up. As a result, there was no time left for editing photos.

During this event, I had serious lens envy. I was wishing I had a longer zoom that what my lovely 17-55mm. Let, me tell you...my next purchase will be the 70-200mm 2.8 Nikkor lens. Ahhh...seriously.

Hopefully I did this rodeo justice with these photos. It was a beautiful day. So beautiful that I wore a tshirt and flip-flops to take photos. Little did I know the temperature would play a cruel trick on me and say, "Just Kidding! It's actually cold outside!" So when it started to get dark, my toes and fingers also started getting blue. By the end, my teeth were chattering and if you felt my hands they were shaking so much that I was afraid I wouldn't end up with sufficient pictures. So, future tip for myself: Dress according to weather, but bring back up jackets! (especially if in Boone...the weather likes to change 3 times in one day)


















Picture Below:
I kid you not, this was probably one of the scariest moments. Only I didn't know it until I took my eye away from my viewfinder on my camera. The only thing I knew was there was dirt hitting me from the bulls feet hitting the ground. When I looked up these beastly creatures were about a foot away from the fence. SCARY! The funny thing is, Westin wanted to get in there and rope one. (so different from each other) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment